A dose of a UAEian

I'm short, love reading and I'm very curious...quiet & talkative when I'm around people I'm used to. Love massages, relaxation, spas, name it! This blog is mainly to note down anything that is significant to me

Friday, August 21, 2009

Who are we not to be?

By: B Read

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

- Marianne Williamson


This is such a beautiful poem, it has moved me in so many ways and provided clarity. Life in a nutshell is to obey God. It doesn't mean not achieving your dreams, or having fear of standing out. Or of being modest or taking the easy route as death will be upon us anyway. 'Your playing small doesn't serve the world.'

As they say, live your life, but leave your mark behind. Don't you think you ought to give life your best shot? I do now. Let that light shine.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on the line 'Your playing small doesn't serve the world.'

    It's important to give something back in life, i9la7 is one of our duties, and to me it could be something as simple as raising your children to the best they can be for example, so they would always remember your mark on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara for stopping by! :)

    I guess what matters is giving something that makes you feel useful. If raising your kids the right way is a sense of achievement and satisfaction then you've hit two birds with one stone.

    ReplyDelete